Any list you upload into VerticalResponse must be in either .csv (comma delimited) or .txt (tab delimited) format. If using Microsoft Outlook, please follow these steps to export your contacts:
- Open Outlook
- Go to File | Import and Export
- Highlight Export to a file and click Next
- Select Comma Separated Values (Windows) and click Next
- Highlight the Contacts folder and click Next
- Save the file to your desktop and click Next
You can import the resulting .csv file into your VerticalResponse account.
- Login to your VR account
- Go to Lists | New
- Review the Terms of Service, click the statements you agree with and click Continue
- Type in the name of your list
- In the Add List Members section select "Create a new mailing list from an external file"
- Click Browse, locate the .csv or .txt file to import and click Next
- On the Add Members page match the samples data from your file to the fields on the new list (the email addresses must import to our standard Email Address field)
- Select your preferred Import Rules section and click Next
On the Results page review the number of records added, updated, and rejected. If necessary click the Download CSV link to download and review any addresses that were rejected.